Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Superbowl Party!!!

We had a Superbowl Party at our house this year. Even though neither team was any of our favorites and we were hoping the Cardinals could pull off a win their first time there, we had a good time. It turned out to be a pretty good game and we had good company and lots of good food! We all sported these awesome 3-D glasses for the stuff they did at halftime. I didn't take any other pictures. I think I was to busy munching! Ha Ha!


I also made a spinich dip with a new recipe and it turned out SOOO good, everyone loved it. Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it out.
You'll need:
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced (1 tsp)
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups half-and-half
2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen spinich, thawed & well drained
1 can (8 ounces) slices water chesnuts, drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 package (1 ounce) dry vegetable soup mix
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees. melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook and stir until onion is tender and garlic is fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in flour, cook and stir for an additional minute. Add half-and-half and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens, about 2 minutes.
3. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in chopped spinich, water chesnuts, cheddar cheese and soup mix. Spoon into a casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
4. Bake dip until it is bubbly and the cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes. Serve warm with sliced sourdough bread or crackers.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Yummm...I will have to try that, I love spinach dip! Glad you guys had a good time, the best part of the superbowl is the food and friends I think. I was a mean wife and made nolan travel during the game. Woops!

Ashley said...

Sounds like you guys had fun!!! We did too but we were cheering for the steelers.
I am ready to be done with this pregnancy but more becasue of the blood clot I've had and the pain it has caused. But the seems to have really gone by fast and now I have less time than I thought becasue they are going to induce me a week or two earily!
Sorry I thought I already gave you colors. The room is going to be a western cowboy theme and the colors are going to be demium blue, dark and light brown, dark red. I can't wait to get the room all finished!!!!

☆Lisa☆ said...

Looks like fun :) That guys sticking his tounge out could be a double for Jean Simmons, that is crazy, Lol!! Go Steelers!!

Andrew and Lindsey said...

Im going to have to try that dip! it sounds sooooo good!!:)

Anonymous said...

Yum! That sounds so good! Zak loves spinach dip, so I'll give it a try sometime. Superbowl was fun and a good game. We were going for Arizona too :(

Michelle said...

Oh man your dad has a crazy long tongue lol! I Love the one of Kenzie in her glasses, she looks like such a bad ass. Im definately going to have to try that dip! We were going for the Cardinals too since they were the underdog, and cuz Ty's team is the Steelers. But it was all out of fun :)

Anonymous said...

Fun! That sounds good we will have to try it. The girls are so cute!