Thursday, July 10, 2008

Born on the 4th of July

It's been a while since I've posted, here's what we've been up to lately. Since last weekend was the 4th we went to some fireworks at my Mom and Dads on Thursday. Its pretty neat since they live just down the street from the stadium we can just watch them from their house. Friday is my Mom's birthday so we went to lunch to celebrate. (Lucky to be born on the 4th huh! Her Dad was also born on the 4th and that's actually the day McKenzie was due - wouldn't that have been crazy?) That night we went to Donald and Judy's in Idaho. They live out in the middle of nowhere and have a pretty neat fireworks show every year, Thanks for having us guys! Saturday was the car show and I actually talked Chad into going with me, usually he refuses since he's not a big fan after working there every year but I love going and seeing all the old cars. After the show at the fairgrounds we watched them cruise on main for a while then headed home. Sunday and most of this week we've just been hanging out at home trying to stay cool until we can get our air conditioning put in. Our favorite things are otter pops and ice cream! Brooklyn isn't sure about ice cream cones yet, she mostly digs the ice cream out with her fingers then smashes the cone, it's pretty messy but entertaining!

2 comments:

Jensen's said...

Sure seems like you guys have a good time all the time. i can't imagine how fun it would be to be so close to family all the time. We were actually at the car show for a quick pass...we love it.We were sorta close and had to run up to see real fast. Randy hopes to have our old 52 Ford pickup ready for next year:)
Aunt Marcia

☆Lisa☆ said...

I LOVE the pic of Davin with a mouth full of dirt! He's so funny! Looks like you guys had fun! I can't wait till I can start walking so I can camp again.