Monday, June 15, 2009

Pierced ears

Kenzie has been wanting her ears pierced and she decided that when she was 5 that she would be ready. Knowing she had to wear the first pair for 6 weeks I told her about 6 weeks before that she could pierce them when she was ready in hopes she would do it and be able to get new earrings and where them when she turned 5. She went back and forth between wanting to and not wanting to, but a couple weeks ago she woke up and was set on getting them pierced that day. We got ready and went in and she got up in the chair and they cleaned them and marked them and she lost all her confidence and started crying. I let her get down because there was another lady waiting and she watched her get hers pierced and also compared how many earrings she had to choose from if she went ahead and did it. She finally decided there just weren't enough clip-ons to choose from and picked out a couple pairs she liked to hold onto for strength and got right back up in the chair and did it. I am so proud of her. She only cried for a minute and when she went back to choose which earrings she wanted to take home for later she forgot all about the pain. She has her days when she doesn't like that we have to clean them 3 times a day but she does love them and whenever she is asked what she wants for her birthday that's coming up..... EARRINGS!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh she looks so pretty. That is so funny. I remember wanting them so bad too. Now I never wear them, too lazy!