Brooklyn has been showing a lot of interest in using the "big girl potty" the last couple months. She actually first wanted to try sitting on the potty on Christmas Eve but the last couple months she's telling us when she goes and needs a diaper change and has made it a couple of times so I decided it was time to try some "big girl panties." I decided to wait til Memorial Day weekend to try it out because between Chad and I she was gonna be home for 5 days. Well I get them out and got her all excited about them, they are Elmo panties after all and she LOVES Elmo. I laid them all out on the floor and we talked about not "going" in them, -I'll spare you all the 2 year old jargon we use around here ;) - she picks her favorite pair and she tried but couldn't go before we put them on.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
To potty... Or not to potty...
She was awfully pround of them! She walks to the living room, I take this picture.....
then I turn around a couple minutes later and she is squatting on the floor going pee! Seriously, it had not been 5 minutes! So we clean it up, pick another pair and start all over again. I wait about 10 minutes and try to get her to go again, she says she doesn't need to so she gets down walks in Kenzie's room and squats on the floor AGAIN! So we clean it up and are about to pick the 3rd pair, only this time she refuses and begs for a diaper. I've asked her everyday since if she wants to wear the Elmo panties and she tells me No, a diaper! I guess she's not ready afterall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh man, I feel ya. We went through a month of trying with Thomas. He'd go everytime we asked him to, but his acheievements were only based on us remembering, he never told us he needed to go so we're waiting a little longer! Good luck!
Post a Comment