On the Friday before Mother's day McKenzie had been up sick the night before, so I called her teacher and arranged to stop by to pick up some papers and stuff that she would be missing in school that day. In it was a book called "Our Favorite Recipes." I flip through and see the names of all the children from her class and start feeling bad that I somehow missed the note that says, "Please send your favorite family recipe for our class cookbook" I get in the car and set it down and on the way home I'm pretty upset that because of me she's missed out on having a part in a cute little keepsake. Then I get home and I flip to where her class' recipes begin and I start to read them.... the first recipe is as follows:
Chocolate Strawberries
Ingredients: 100 strawberries, 1 chocolate, 1 water
Procedure: Put chocolate in the pan. Put water in it. Put strawberries in the chocolate. Then they are done.
I'm confused and I read the next one...
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients: 1 cup sugar, all the chocolate chips, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup flour
Procedure: Make the dough and stir it with the mixer in a bowl. Take out the dough out and roll it into a ball and put it on a tray and put it in the oven. Cook it for 6 hours at super hot!
And it clicks...I finally realize that it's a cookbook compiled of all the children's takes on how to prepare their favorite foods. It's such a cute idea! Some of them are so funny! I wish I could post them all! Here is McKenzie's...
Chicken
Ingredients: stuff to make it, 22 pieces, stuff that makes it taste good
Procedure: put it in the microwave for 5 minutes and in the oven for 6 more minutes at 2 degrees
1 comment:
Haha that is so cute!
Post a Comment