It's kind of hard to see but she had a rash all over her back and tummy. She had just had a shot and was taking amoxicillin for an ear infection. We weren't sure which caused it but I checked and she'd had the same shot before so that likely wasn't it but she's never had amoxicillin before so I figured that was the cause. I freaked out because Chad has a really bad allergic reaction to it when he was little and I thought Oh No! What if she is too? I called the doctor, waited 2 LOOONG hours for them to call me back and say that sometimes amoxicillin causes a rash, they don't really need to see her, and that I should keep giving it to her. WHAT? I'm sorry, but does that sound crazy to anyone else? With only a couple days of it left I decided against giving her more and over the next 4 days watched it move all over her body, down her arms, legs, up to her face and even her feet. Can you imagine if I'd given her more? Then to top it off on Friday I am looking forward to a nice relaxing day at home, finally without worry and nothing to really do. Well, it didn't really work out that way! McKenzie goes to shut her bedroom door because she's cleaning it and Brooklyn is not such a big help when it comes to cleaning, and catches Brooklyn's finger in the door. I tell you what, I have never seen anything like it. Her finger was literally flat! It was black and blue and cut in 2 places. I was sure it was broken! I rushed her to the doctor, before I could get shoes and jackets on and out to the car it had nearly doubled it's normal size and she is just screaming in pain!
Then to add to it, McKenzie feels sooo bad and I'm trying to convince her that she's not in trouble and that I know it was an accident so she will stop crying too. I honestly don't know how, and the doctor seemed just as surprised as I was but her finger is not broken. Thank goodness! It is really swollen still and bruised pretty bad so we have to keep it splinted like this for the next couple weeks.
She keeps trying to take it off and she hates getting it wrapped back up after her bath, but otherwise she's been a pretty good sport about it. So needless to say I'm ready for the start of a new week. We have a lot of fun stuff going on that I am excited about and although I know it could have been worse I am hoping this week goes better than last week! So far the weather has been nice enough to play outside but something tells me that maybe the girls aren't ready to let go of winter...
Ha ha! Yes they are laying in sleds on the trampoline! Oh the things kids come up with!
I had to sneak this Proud Mommy moment too, I thought it was so cute. Before bedtime tonight Kenzie started reading Five Little Monkeys to Brooklyn all by herself!
3 comments:
Oh man I am sorry! That is crazy about the medicine. It was smart to just stop giving it to her though, and then the finger..poor girl. Glad it all turned out okay and Chad kept his job. I hope this week is way less stressful for ya.
Poor little Brooklyn! I hope her rash and finger feel better soon.
Glad to hear about Chad's job! We are nervous about Mike's too, but all you can do is hope and pray for the best and save your pennies! :)
Oh man Brooklyns poor finger! We thought Dav broke a finger too last year but its crazy cuz their bones arent fused together yet so they are hard to break. I was wondering about Chad and the layoff. Im really glad it worked out. My poor father in law did get laid off, I feel really bad for him. Sounds like your week was tough, I hope this one was better. We need to get together soon and do lunch or something cuz I Miss you guys!
Post a Comment