This week we got our garden ready and Thursday Clint came and stayed the night so I could finish planting and start some major work on the yard. Everything had been landscaped but I think the previous owners neglected it and now the flower beds are packed with weeds and they have a ridiculous, uneven rock border that we got rid of yesterday. Kenzie loves playing with Clint so it was nice to have him here to keep the girls busy and help me lift some of the bigger rocks. Chad also took the day off so he was here to help. While we were doing it the girls decided it was pretty fun and started putting little ones on the trailer with us, even Brooklyn was helping! Here's a picture of the girls climbing on all the rocks we cleaned up. 
After working on the yard all morning we decided to pack a lunch and drive up the little canyon by our house and have a picnic. It was so gorgeous up there, everything is so green and there's wildflowers everywhere and the river probably had the most water I've ever seen in it. Since Clint was with us I made him snap a few pics of us.
Heres's the girls having lunch with their Uncle Clint.
Walking with the girlsMe and Chad (look at all the water behind us!)
Some pretty scenery...
4 comments:
You will have to post a picture of your finished yard. That's good you're making it look nice and you had some help. Probably my favorite thing about living here is going up the canyon, we already have taken a few trips this summer, and pratically lived there last summer. Those pictures look good and so pretty!
every time i see clint i can't believe how big and old he is! holy moly! It looks like you had a blast and the canyon is GORGEOUS! We should make it up to visit some time! love, dana
How pretty! Where is that place? I've never seen it. I want to see the yard when its all done too! I bet your house is so cute. I love the new car too! That is so fun to get new things that are just yours.
You guys are such a cute family! Your girls are so beautiful and you seem to enjoy being a mom. Good for you! I forgot that you are in a new house. I just keep picturing your old one. I'd love to see some shots of it. I dread doing yard work, but then enjoy it so much once I get going. It is always worth the trouble when things turn out pretty.
Love, Aunt Marcia
Post a Comment